Find your focus and freedom in Meditation.
- Your Privacy is very important to us. Meditation Lifestyle is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our visitors and service.
- In this policy, “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Meditation Lifestyle and its owner, Eyjolfur Andres Bjornsson.
What is collected and how is your personal data used.
In order to maintain and monitor our business contact with you, we may collect your:
- Email address
- Home address
- Gender and age
- Other demographic information relevant to the content you may be interested in, such as the content of our website that you previously viewed.
- If you purchase a product or service on our website by using a credit or debit card, or PayPal, your personal information is collected to enable the transaction. This information includes your name and card number, and other information, necessary to submit your payment.
- We may collect information you have submitted to us regarding goods and/or services, for the very purpose of offering you a relevant service, product and experience. The reason we require this information from you is to better understand your needs, and to improve our products or service to you. From time to time we may send you emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting. When signing up for an online course, free video series, or other online offers, you will receive follow up e-mails, and remarketing e-mails, including blog posts, video posts, and other useful material or information to enrich your experience. Should you not want to receive any emails from our company, you are given the option to unsubscribe at any time *look for the option in the footer of the emails.
- We may ask you to subscribe to our email newsletters for the purposes of sending you the relevant notifications, offerings, and news. Communication with our website visitors is important and necessary to maintain our business contract. You can unsubscribe at any time, should you wish to. However, by doing so you will not receive our service, products, offers, information, articles, blogs, or videos.
- The website contains affiliate links to other websites of interest, which we do not control. When you use these links, you will leave our site, and from that point, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide during your visit to those websites. Note that they are not governed by this privacy statement, and you should exercise precautions and look for the privacy statement of the other website in question.
Providing your personal data to others.
- We do not share your personal information with other companies or third parties, other than our group of affiliate members, or companies where we are affiliates ourselves, insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes, and on the legal bases, set out in this policy.
- We may disclose your name and email to our suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary to provide products and services to you.
- Financial transactions relating to our website is handled by payment service providers such as PayPal and companies for which we act as an affiliate. We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments, and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds. Information about the payment services providers’ privacy policies and practices can be found on their websites.
- Specific disclosures of your personal data may be necessary for compliance with a legal obligation. Further, a disclosure of your personal data may be necessary for the establishment, or exercise of legal claims.
- Personal data that you submit for publication through our website or services may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use (or misuse) of such personal data by others.
Retaining and deleting personal data.
- All Personal data that we collect for any purpose shall not be kept for longer than is necessary.
- It is not possible for us to specify in advance the periods for which your personal data will be retained.
- We may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
- In this Section, we have summarised the rights that you have under data protection law. Some of the rights are complex, and not all of the details have been included in our summaries. Accordingly, you should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights.
- the right to access – you can ask for copies of your personal data;
- our principal rights under data protection law are:
- the right to rectification – you can ask us to rectify inaccurate personal data and to complete incomplete personal data;
- the right to erasure – you can ask us to erase your personal data;
- the right to restrict processing – you can ask users to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- the right to object to processing – you can object to the processing of your personal data;
- the right to data portability – you can ask that we transfer your personal data to another organization or to you;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority – you can complain about our processing of your personal data; and
- the right to withdraw consent – to the extent that the legal basis of our processing of your personal data is consent, you can withdraw that consent.
- You have the right to confirmation as to whether or not we process your personal data and, where we do, access to the personal data, together with certain additional information. That additional information includes details of the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, and the recipients of the personal data. Providing the rights and freedoms of others are not affected, we will supply to you a copy of your personal data. The first copy will be provided free of charge, but additional copies may be subject to a reasonable fee.
- You have the right to have any inaccurate personal data about you rectified and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, to have any incomplete personal data about you completed.
- In some circumstances, you have the right to the erasure of your personal data without undue delay. Those circumstances include: The personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed; you withdraw consent to consent-based processing; you object to the processing under certain rules of applicable data protection law; the processing is for direct marketing purposes; and the personal data have been unlawfully processed. However, there are exclusions of the right to erasure. The general exclusions include where processing is necessary: For exercising the right of freedom of expression and information; for compliance with a legal obligation; or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- In some circumstances, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data. Those circumstances are: you contest the accuracy of the personal data; processing is unlawful but you oppose erasure; we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of our processing, but you require personal data for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims; and you have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection. Where processing has been restricted on this basis, we may continue to store your personal data. However, we will only otherwise process it: with your consent; for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person; or for reasons of important public interest.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation, but only to the extent that the legal basis for the processing is that the processing is necessary for: the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of any official authority vested in us; or the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party. If you make such an objection, we will cease to process the personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights, and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (including profiling for direct marketing purposes). If you make such an objection, we will cease to process your personal data for this purpose.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes on grounds relating to your particular situation unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out for reasons of public interest.
- To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal data is:
- (a)consent; or
- (b)that the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract,
- and such processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive your personal data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. However, this right does not apply where it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
- If you consider that our processing of your personal data infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work, or the place of the alleged infringement.
- To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal data is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
- You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by Contacting Meditation Lifestyle by this email link.
What are cookies and how do we use them.
- A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal data that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
- Cookies may be collected to deliver the most relevant content to you. When you visit this site, a cookie is being put on your web browser. This enables us to show you relevant ads in different places or platforms on the internet. It is possible to turn this option off by visiting Google’s ad settings.
- Authentication – Cookies may be used to identify your visit and browsing on our website; as for Google Analytics.
- Login status – Cookies help us know when you are logged into our website
- Personalization – cookies enable us to store information about your preferences and to personalize the website for you.
- Security – Cookies can be an element of the security measures used to protect user accounts, including preventing fraudulent use of login credentials, and to protect our website and services generally.
- Advertising – Cookies help us to display advertisements that will be relevant to you.
- Analysis – Cookies help us to analyze the use and performance of our website and service.
Cookies used by our service providers:
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
- https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac (Safari); and
- Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
- If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy. For any questions regarding earnings, please do not hesitate to contact me by using the contact page.
Eyjólfur Andrés Björnsson
Digital blogger & founder of Meditation Lifestyle.